As I sat down to write this post, I realized I never wrote a July Pinterest Faves and Saves…oops! I must have been so distracted with the removal of our fireplace and all the closet projects I had going on. This month’s collection of my favorite Pinterest pins more than makes up for it though. These pins are full of early fall inspiration for your home and SO many interesting details to study.
Per usual, there are elements of each image that caught my eye for various reasons. Some contain a textile or wallpaper I love, while others demonstrate a room layout that’s unique and interesting. Still, others give me a feeling I can’t explain, but want to achieve in my home.
In any case, this month’s Pinterest Faves and Saves is one of my favorites ever. You’re about to see why…
Pinterest Faves and Saves – Early Fall
1. For me it’s the curtains. I’m craving more pattern in my home, and I got off to a good start with Noelle’s bedroom. This image of Rita Konig’s London home is giving me the courage and inspiration I need for incorporating more pattern into our main living areas. And it’s not just the pattern. I’m even in love with the pop of rust color.
2. I have no words. This is one of those images that gives me a feeling I can’t express…I only feel it. The blue is calming and grounding, and the scalloped canopy beds make me smile. This room, and all it’s yummy details, is a work of art created by Olasky and Sinsteden. I’m craving that exact shade of blue in our home, so I’ll be referencing this photo a lot as I hunt for the right blue hue.
Pinterest Faves and Saves
3. Heidi Caillier can do no design wrong. I mean, every room Heidi designs is a scroll stopper. But, as I’m preparing to take on creating a wall of built-ins in our family room, I’m taking notice of alllllll the built-in shelving…especially when it has a TV in the middle like ours will have. What I love about these is the vertical shiplap detail in the back that is echoed on the cabinet doors. I’m fairly certain that’s the direction I’m headed, and this gives me a visual reference, as well as an example to show Jeff.
3. Love the high-contrast, fall color palette. All of this month’s Pinterest faves and saves evoke a feeling of early fall, but this one takes the cake. The dark beam, gold mirror, orange velvet sofa, and fireplace tile all feel so welcoming and warm. I also noticed the woven shades on the French doors…might have to copy that on our French doors.
Design by: Sarah Solis
4. Character-rich powder room. I’m taking on our powder room renovation in late September, and this little space is confirming my design decisions. I especially adore the antique mirror combined with the more modern sconces and patterned wallpaper. It all plays so well together but can’t be put into one design category…my very favorite look for a space.
Design by: Meredith Ellis
5. Breakfast nook of my dreams. I’ve always said I would love to have a house in the city and one in the country…like Curious George. If I had that setup, this is how I would decorate my country home. Clean but interesting, pops of antique wood, and a feel so comfortable you could stay there all day.
If you really want to get lost in beauty, visit the website of these talented designers, Carpenter and MacNeille and thank me later.
Okay, now that we’re all properly inspired, let’s go create some beauty!
Don’t forget to come pin with me!
You might also like: